Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mr. Popular

Today is Monday July 18th, 2011. I am at the beach in Destin, Florida. It is the height of the summer vacation season and the beach is packed with thousands of people. And today I was Mr. Popular. For me being popular is a unique experience. If you knew me when popularity really mattered, like in high school, you knew that I was not even close to being popular. I was a regular guy that showed up, did my work, passed my classes, and left. Girls did not care about me and guys thought I was just some goofy smart kid. Today, that all changed.

When I say popular, I mean really popular. People by the thousands wanted what I had. What I had was not fame or fortune. It was not model good looks or even the secret to longevity. I had an object. In 1899, Charles Duell, the commissioner of the U. S. Patent Office declared that “Everything that can be invented has been invented”. For the record he was wrong. Really wrong.

I was introduced to this object by my future son in law. His name is Roman Grier. In marketing speak he is what we call an early adopter. Roman has utilized this object for more than 2 years and yet to a person no one on the beach had seen one. I heard comments like, “Where did you get that”? and “I’d pay anything to have one of those”. I had a better mouse trap and the world was beating a path to my door.

Below is a picture of me and my object.




The purpose is evident but I think it is important to point several of the key features.

1. The American Flag is proudly displayed.
2. The holder is insulated in a configuration commonly known as a koozie.
3. The dual strap design, holds the beer can, and frees the hands.
4. The self balancing design keeps the can upright and eliminates spills.
5. These features make if perfect for corn hole games or walking on the beach.
6. Bass Pro Shop is the official retailer of the hands free koozie.
7. The hands free holder is also available in a Bluetooth compatible version.
8. They make a great gift.

I will be using one all week. If you have questions please post them as comments to my blog or facebook page. I am now an expert user.

No comments:

Post a Comment